- Do you have a few spare hours a week?
- Would you not only like to make a difference to the lives of people from country NSW by helping them access treatment through transport, but also being a friendly and familiar face?
- Would you like to be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of volunteers and staff?
The Jean Colvin Cancer Centre in Darling Point is seeking volunteer drivers to transport guests to and from the Jean Colvin Cancer Centre to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPA) using the Can Assist Tarago on an agreed schedule.
The Jean Colvin Cancer Centre provides accommodation to country people affected by cancer who need to come to Sydney for radiotherapy. Often the stay is 6 weeks and the JCCC provides transport to the main treatment hospitals to ensure the guests make their way to treatment and back easily and stress-free, each day.
The role of a volunteer driver is important to provide reliable and friendly transport for the guests of JCCC.
1. A valid “C” class drivers licence with green Provisional licence or above
2. Reliable and punctual
3. Good navigational and safe driving skills
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills
5. A sense of humour and ability to cope with change
6. An interest to assist country people affected by cancer
Time and Availability Requirements:
Your driving roster will be planned in conjunction with the JCCC Manager depending on the clients’ requirements and your availability. You may wish to volunteer to drive one trip (one way) per week or more.
You will be required to transport clients on one of the below routes:
1. Departing 9.15am from Jean Colvin Cancer Centre, Darling Point returning to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown.
2. Departing 12.15pm Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown returning to Jean Colvin Cancer Centre, Darling Point.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Alison Bray - Phone: 02 8217 3400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org